Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Our Last Game

Yesterday we finished off our season against American Fork with a one point lead. It was the most intense game I've ever played in. This is how it went down...
We were down by four with about 30 seconds left on the clock. AF was throwing the ball in under our basket. I was gaurding the girl who was throwing it in so I was jumping up and down, going crazy. She went to throw it over my head, but i tipped it and went up for a shot. I missed, but I got fouled. Now we've got about 20 seconds left. Thanks to my dad for telling me to get a new free throw routine I made both my free throws. AF went to throw the ball in again and Brookie T. (our 3 point shooter) fouled her. Luckily we still had a couple of fouls left until AF was in bonus so they took it out on the side line. We now have seven seconds left, and we're down by two. I was on ball, freakin out again, and she lobbed it up and Haileigh (a post) tipped it then chased after and got the ball. She passed it in to Jen (also a post with phenomenal skill) who went up for a shot, and as the buzzer rang, made a shot and was fouled. Now we're tied with no time left on the clock, and Jen has one shot to win the game. It was so intense seeing her go up to the free throw line. She went through her routine.... took a deep breath, and took the shot. SWISH!!! The crowd (on our side anyway) went insane, we all ran onto the floor and tackled Jen. So we finished off our season with an 11-9 record. SWEET!

8 comments:

Amy Coontz said...

I would have LOVED to have been there. Who says girls basketball isn't exciting?

Stake Camp Directors said...

SO glad you lved basketball. SPorty spice is YOU!

Stake Camp Directors said...

Oops loved basketball, my keyboard is dying.

Dean and Maryellen said...

Loved the commentary. I could visulize the intensity of the game. Good on yah as they say here down under.

Mr. Ailstron said...

you guys sound good. my team has won 7 right? oops i said won .lost 7 won 1 garrett

Mr. Ailstron said...

is cooper alright? garrett

The Panero Family said...

Sweet play by play. Very stoked to read about it.-Nicole

Mr. Ailstron said...

Thats a good record. You must of had a good team


Stinks for American Fork -
Talmage